Personal Data: Any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“Data Subject”) who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Special Category of Personal Data: Personal data which are, by their nature, particularly sensitive in relation to fundamental rights and freedoms merit specific protection as the context of their processing could create significant risks to the fundamental rights and freedoms. Those personal data include personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
Data Controller: The natural or legal person, public authority, agency or any other body, which alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
Data Processor: A natural or legal person, public authority, agency or any other body which processes personal data on behalf of a Data Controller.
Processing: An operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction of the data.
Data Protection Authority: Governmental agencies responsible for the enforcement and interpretation of local privacy laws and regulations.
Data Quality: The accuracy, completeness and relevancy of information.
Explicit Consent: Agreement by an individual, demonstrated by an observable or affirmative act, whether in writing, orally or by some other means.
Implicit Consent: Agreement by an individual, inferred from the context or by the inaction of the individual.
Information Security: The means of ensuring that data and/or information is protected from corruption (Integrity), destruction (Availability), and/or disclosure (Confidentiality).
Confidentiality: Ensuring that information is accessible only to those authorized to have access.
Data Privacy: The legal rights and expectations of individuals to control how their personal data is collected and used.
Session Cookies: Session cookies are temporary and deleted when the browser is closed.
Persistent Cookies: Persistent cookies are more permanent in that they are saved on your computer. They are not deleted when you close your browser.
• Satven shall not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your explicit consent to do so or are required by law to do so
• We have a parent’s permission to share the information if the user is a child under age 13
• We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims
• We believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law.
Withdrawal of consent:
In case you would like to withdraw, erase, update / modify the personal information that we hold about you, please inform us by writing an email to DPO@satven.com and we shall take necessary action.
If you withdraw your consent for the use or disclosure of your personal data for purposes set out in this Privacy Notice, you may not have access to all our services and we might not be able to provide you all of the services and customer support offered to our users and authorized under this Privacy Notice. We will continue to send updates to you about any existing orders or enquiries for purchase of products or services that you have made from us in the past.
Satven collects information at its websites directly when you provide information to sign up for a newsletter, whitepaper, web resource or register to comment in our forums or indirectly such as website technology or cookies. Satven may collect the primary information such as name, phone number, email address but not limited to the mentioned information. This information is collected through the form filling on our website and it includes registering to use the website, newsletter subscription, service subscription, registering for a webinar or conference, requesting to download a whitepaper or any other related information. User can decide to give the consent before providing the personal information. Along with the above information, Satven may collect the personal data of business contacts, stake holders and website users to give the better website experience and to share the relevant content experience on the website.
What do we do with the information collected? Satven requires this information to understand the user needs and to provide the better experience and service offerings. We may also use this information for the following:
We may obtain information about your usage of our site by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or on the hard drive of your computer.
When visitors come to our site, only session cookies are used. Session cookies are temporary and deleted when the browser is closed. If you continue to use our site, you agree to use our cookies.
Satven is committed in ensuring the security of personal information. We provide the information to the trusted partners who work with/on behalf of Satven under strict confidentiality agreements.
Our partner network may use your personal information to help Satven communicate with you about offers from Satven and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share the information.
We have implemented reasonable security measures on the site to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the personal information under our control. Additionally, Satvenu takes reasonable steps to ensure that our third-party business partners, including our hosting partners, provide sufficient protection for personal information.RETENTION
Satven shall retain the data only for as long as it is necessary. The data shall be retained until your account is active or till the time we provide the services to you and/or based on the contract obligations. After such time periods have expired, we may either delete your personal information or retain it in a form such that it does not identify you personally.
Data shall be deleted/destroyed/archived post the retention period as per the data destruction mechanism feasible to the organization.How can you control the information provided?
As a user, you may choose to restrict the information that we have collected or the way in which the same would be used, in the following ways:
• Whenever you are providing personal information, ensure that the explicit consent is checked. In case you do not want to provide the consent, personal information shall not be collected in the first place
• In case you would not want to share your personal information for any marketing related purposes or promotional emails, you should leave the appropriate option unchecked and/or write an email to us at DPO@satven.com.
• In case you have previously subscribed or agreed to us for sharing your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may opt out the same anytime by writing an email to DPO@satven.com.MAILERS
Satven may, if you so choose, send direct mailers to you at the address given by you. You have the option to ‘opt-out’ of this direct mailer by way of links provided at the bottom of each mailer. We respect your privacy and in the event that you choose to not receive such mailers, we shall take all steps to remove you from the list.WEBSITE HOSTING
• We may disclose your personal data to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
• To our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting. The information we provide to third parties service providers is subject to confidentiality obligations and is intended to be used solely for the purpose(s) permitted thereby.
• To identify you to any entity/organization to whom you send messages through the Services. You may also choose to disclose your Personal data on chat, social media, blogs, and other services to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services shall become public and may be available to other users and the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose any information on the Services.
• To a third party, in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings.
• As we believe to be necessary or appropriate:
Data Subject RightsThe rights available to you are as below:
These rights may be exercised by contacting us at DPO@satven.com.For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as we can, post completion of necessary verification checks.
Please note that we may need to retain certain personal data for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any undertaking that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion. There may also be residual information which may be subject to a legal hold that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.Applicable laws may also give you the right to lodge a complaint with a local supervisory authority related to this Privacy Notice.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights with respect to your personal information.REFRESH SCHEDULE
All policies and referenced documentation identified in this policy shall be subject to review and possible revision as per the time line deemed fit by Satven Management Standards Team. You are requested to check this page for latest updates to ensure that you make yourself aware of any changes.CONTACT US