Posted by Admin, Friday, July 15, 2016
Birla Institute of Technology and Sciences, Pilani (BITS – Pilani), Hyderabad campus invited us to be part of their workshop on ‘Analysis of Engineering Systems using FEM’ which was held between the 14th & 16thof July, 2016. One of our project managers from CAE, Janardhan T, represented Satven in this workshop on the 15th of July 2016.
Jana made a presentation on the evolution & role of CAE in automotive engineering & the challenges faced by the auto industry in view of statutory requirements related to passenger safety and GHG emissions. The focus of his presentation was on the evolution of CAE from being an uncertain companion to a front runner when it comes to problem-solving and innovation.
The factors that are driving the automotive industry’s research and innovation initiatives and related topics were covered. This included:
- Strict safety &emission regulations
- Need for lighter and quieter vehicles (as the new norms on noise levels are expected to commence very soon)
- Development of frontal crash protection systems
- Role of CAE in bringing innovation to often-overlooked domains of the vehicle (innovative tires from Michelin and Goodyear)
- Quest for new materials and novel structures to build light-weight vehicles
Jana’s presentation was intently followed by a large number of students and the faculty of Mechanical Engineering at BITS – Hyderabad as well as pupils from other colleges.