Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Responsible for the design, development, and release of all Interior cockpit components such as Door trims and Floor console.
- Responsibilities will include standardization plan development, interface with product design office, vehicle development, other Interior engineering teams, and suppliers to design, develop and release
- Responsible for technical documentation to include DFMEAs, DVP&R’s
- Work interactively within a cross-functional engineering, vehicle engineering team, purchase, and plant teams on the greater benefit of the vehicle.
- Maintain EBOMs and manage data releases in accordance with program milestones and target
- Collaborate with Interior trim suppliers to ensure technical excellence and on time delivery of Interior Components and Systems for all milestones.
- Responsible for quality improvements, weight reduction, cost reduction, development and validation
- 6 to 8 years of Product Design & development experience in automotive Cockpit Components (Door Trim, Console etc.)
- Working experience in Component & System level designing.
- Proficiency in NX 3D modeling within a product development environment
- Good Knowledge in Manufacturing & Assembly feasibility study.
- Experience in constructing component and full vehicle DVP&R and DFMEA
- Knowledge on plastic molding/Welding and sheet metal process.
- Working knowledge on interior regulatory and certification requirements
- Good communication skills, presentation skills, technical report writing skills, and timeline creation and management skills are required
- Work experience with International Tier 1 and OEMS.
- Knowledge of Design for Manufacturing, including familiarity with GD&T and dimensional engineering
- Knowledge of NVH, Durability and Safety requirements for Interior components
- Design, Development , 3D Modeling, Plastic Design, Plastic Part Development, Plastic Part Design
- BE/ME/MS in Mechanical / Automobile Engineering