- Should have good knowledge of Vehicle systems
- Should have good fundamentals - Strength of materials, Applied mechanics and Finite element methods
- Should be able to do finite element modelling of Vehicle components and Systems
- Should be able to assign thickness and material properties to components
- Should be able to build finite element assemblies for Vehicle structure. Should have good understanding of different types of connections like spot and seam welding.
- Should be able to apply loads and Boundary conditions required for linear and nonlinear Static analysis.
- Should be able to carry out Modal, frequency response and transient analysis for vehicle components and systems.
- Should be able to do Fatigue life estimation for Vehicle structure, Spot and seam welds.
- Ability to post-process results, make reports and present results to design team.
- Should be able to recommend design modifications to meet acceptance criteria based on analysis results, manufacturing and packaging constraints.
- Software Skills: 1) Meshing - HyperMesh 2) Solvers – Nastran / OptiStruct 3) Postprocessing – HyperView 4) FEMFAT
- Analysis Skills: 1) Linear Static 2) Non-linear Static 3) Modal 4) Frequency Response 5) Fatigue Analysis
- BE/ME/MS in Mechanical / Automobile Engineering